Best practice in the global marketplace
Practical student projects help Waikato Management School prepare graduates to achieve best professional practice in careers in a global marketplace.
This practical component of our business ensures that our graduates have real world business experience during their education.
And it allows New Zealand firms to tap into the expertise of the School and future graduates.
Our graduates are sought after when they qualify because of this vital, practical component.
Practical projects are also an important means for the School to interact with business. We pride ourselves on academic programmes that disseminate not only world best theory, but are also specifically relevant to New Zealand business and industry.
Qualities of a Waikato Management School student
Our entry and quality assurance standards ensure high calibre students. Our students have:
- A creative, innovative and critical perspective on management
- The ability to think strategically
- Specialised knowledge in at least one area of management
- Practical skills in business problem solving
- Flexibility, independence and initiative
- Effective written, aural and oral communication skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Advocacy, networking and negotiating skills
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Time-management and task prioritisation abilities
- Self-motivation, self-confidence and self-awareness
- A passion for their work.