Benefits you get from a WMS internship
- You differentiate yourself for CV and employment purposes
- You gain valuable practical experience
- You apply theoretical knowledge to a practical setting
- You develop valuable networks in New Zealand and overseas
- You enhance your employability
- You develop self-confidence and expand your horizons
Here's what one of our interns had to say
My MNGT596 was based around understanding some complex tax rule changes regarding foreign superannuation. Thanks to the time and research I was able to put in because of the 596, KPMG Hamilton used this opportunity to develop marketing material and technical training material for use within the firm, as well as externally. This would not have been possible without the resources that were put in as part of the 596.
Undertaking the MNGT596 enabled me to develop my research skills and professional profile, and allowed me to access a number of different opportunities that otherwise may have passed me by. I would like to thank you both for supporting and developing such a fantastic paper – it really does provide a way for upcoming university graduates to apply their university skills in the real world!
You can also do the internship paper as a 500 level paper for Honours, for the specialist PG Diplomas, and the MMS when it is taken as the 30 point 'outside of the subject' elective paper.
An internship can count towards all WMS degrees:
BMS, BMS(Hons), BCS, BCS(Hons), BTour, BTour(Hons), BBA