Sponsor benefits and commitments
|"Thank you for the opportunity to host these two incredible people - the dream team!
Their presence and work with the organisation has been welcomed and appreciated."
Business Manager and Educational Support Team Leader
Benefits of sponsoring an intern include:
- Being able to use the enthusiasm, motivation and knowledge of a top quality business graduate
- Obtaining a different perspective on an organisational project
- Seeing potential management talent in action
- Contributing to the development of future Kiwi managers
- Developing a valuable relationship with the Waikato Management School
- Receiving a final report and presentation
Depending on the size and complexity of the project, more than one intern can be allocated to a project. The internship project might also be part of an ongoing organisation project.
The sponsor commits to:
- mentoring the intern during the project
- providing a work station, computer support etc
- providing basic induction
- involving the intern in workplace activities such as seminars, training, visits, social events etc
- arranging fortnightly meetings to discuss progress, plan work and set targets
- completing the Organisation Assessment form three times during the intern’s project
The start date for the internship is flexible and agreed by the client and the intern.
The time spent in the organisation per week will fit around the sponsor’s needs as well as the intern’s other course demands. As a minimum the intern needs to work on the project for the equivalent of 150 hours over 15-20 weeks.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org