WMS Student Mentor Programme
What is the WMS Student Mentor Programme?
The Waikato Management School (WMS) Student Mentor Programme aims to ease the academic and social transition from high school to university for first-year students by connecting them with current students who have been in their shoes and want to help with this adjustment.
Our mentoring programme offers support by providing a one-on-one relationship with a current student who wants to help new students be more successful in all aspects of life at Waikato Management School.
Mentors will draw on their own experiences to provide friendship, suggestions and guidance on everything from classes, study strategies, student groups and resources to entertainment and social activities.
What do Student Mentors do?
If you sign up for our WMS Student Mentor Programme and are selected as a mentee your Student Mentor will:
- Introduce you to other Waikato Management School students.
- Help you transition to university life - by answering any questions related to study and university life.
- Show you how to navigate your way around campus.
- Meet you on a regular basis throughout the semester to help however they can and ensure you're settling in.
- Build your confidence around university processes and procedures.
How do I sign up?
If you'd like to be a mentee on our programme and assigned a Student Mentor for the semester, you need to complete the form below and hit submit. We'll be in touch with you to explain what happens next.
This programme is FREE and available to all Waikato Management School students. Please note that we only have spaces for 39 mentees each semester. If we have reached our capacity, you may be put on a waiting list for the following semester.
For more information on the WMS Student Mentor Programme, please contact the Management Student Centre, email firstname.lastname@example.org