International Study Tour
One of the most popular highlights of the Waikato MBA is an international study tour, with 9-12 days of industry visits and cultural sight-seeing. This provides an opportunity for you to learn first-hand about doing business in different cultures, and see how global theories work in practice.
Not only will you visit successful blue-chip international companies to see how they are run, but you'll also get to talk to their leaders.
You'll meet New Zealanders doing business offshore, representatives from New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, attend networking events with MBA participants from the host country, and engage with senior economic commentators.
Finally, you'll attend a series of seminars focused on the economies of the countries you visit.
While on tour you will:
- Visit successful international corporations; see how they are run and talk to their leaders
- Engage with senior economic commentators
- Meet New Zealanders doing business offshore
- Meet representatives from New Zealand Trade and Enterprise
- Attend a series of seminars that focus on the infrastructure and economics of countries you visit
- Be exposed to valuable international business networks and linkages
- Attend a networking event with MBA participants from the host country
- Length: 9 - 12 days
- The Study Tour happens in the second year of the Waikato MBA.
Photo: Meshweyla Macdonald - Taj Mahal, India: MBA Class 2016
Raewyn McPhillips Shares Her International Study Tour Experience
Jason Dawson Shares His International Study Tour Experience
Waikato MBA Study Tour 2016
Destination: Delhi and Bangalore, India
Facebook Pictures - Check out the pictures taken of the International Study Tour.
MBA Participant Videos - Hear what the participants had to say about the tour!
Mesh catches up with:
Graham Morton - NZ High Commissioner to India.
Waikato MBA Study Tour 2015
Tumblr Posts- Check out the updates from our MBA Academic Director, Colleen Rigby
Facebook- Want to see where the class went in China? Check out the photos