MBA Entry Criteria
You can apply for Part One of the MBA if you have
- A bachelor's degree, and
- At least three years' relevant management experience.
You can apply for Part Two of the MBA if you have:
- Completed Part One of the MBA with a B grade average; or
- Completed the Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies with a B grade average
- OR have completed a Bachelor of Management Studies with Honours with a B+ grade average.
You may be required to attend an interview before being admitted to this programme
We will ask you to provide the following:
- A CV that outlines your employment history including previous job titles, responsibilities and duration of contract. Please include name and contact details of your direct manager in your last two or three positions (where applicable). We may wish to contact them for verification.
- Three written referees’ recommendations (employer and character).
It is expected that you will be competent in the areas of:
Basic Office fluency (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
Basic maths fluency
It would be an advantage to be competent in the following areas:
- Presentation skills
- Report writing
- Speed reading
Convince your employer to pay for your MBA!
The fee for the Waikato MBA programme is all-inclusive and covers the following:
- All papers
- The International Study Tour (Part Two)
- All required textbooks
- Course materials provided in soft format
- Morning and afternoon teas and lunch while attending in-class sessions
- Internet access while on campus
- Access to full-text online databases and Waikato University library resources
- Access to the health and counselling services.
|2017 Fee New Zealand Citizens and Permanent Residents
Master of Business Administration
Part One - $16,340 (GST included)
Part Two - $30,050 (GST included)
- All fees are subject to change depending on University Council approval and changes in University supplementary charges
- Fee excludes supplementary University charges that are approximately $450 per year of study.
- If your programme spans more than one calendar year there will likely be an increase for each subsequent year.
- The MBA is an approved qualification for loans - a study loan means that you can have an interest free loan and pay off your loan at 10% of your net salary per month (visit www.studylink.govt.nz).
Please Note: For details of Fees for the MBA at Waikato-Tainui College for Research and Development please contact Donelle Hughes on Donelle Hughes DonelleH@waikatotainui.ac.nz
There are scholarships available - eligibility criteria differ for each scholarship.
One main scholarship being offered in 2017 is:
University of Waikato Taught Postgraduate Fees Scholarship