Our faculty are active researchers. Their research underpins their teaching to ensure our students are exposed to fresh ideas and up-to-date knowledge. As a result, our graduates are better equipped to engage with, and lead changes, in the theory and practice of their chosen disciplines.
- Original case studies researched and written for classroom teaching.
- All papers offered in the School link to faculty research and expertise, ensuring student access to faculty research.
We espouse the 'active learning' paradigm, in which teachers are facilitators of learning, and students and teachers are engaged in a joint process of discovery. Using a variety of teaching approaches, students participate in group work, case studies, interactive discussions and experiential learning.
We are a management school, incorporating the best of a world-class business school with an emphasis on people and performance. We are committed to sustainable success in all enterprises and organisations, including the public sector, not-for-profits and community organisations.
- Our students gain a comprehensive understanding of management across all functions and areas of business, organisations and society
- Waikato Management School has developed a unique e-learning based Social Enterprise postgraduate diploma and an associated masters subject. The School has a significant research agenda and PhD programme in social enterprise, community organisation and not-for-profit management.
Our students graduate with an intellectual curiosity, and a broad understanding of management theories and the ability to develop, evaluate and critique management reports and presentations.
- New Zealand's only university degree which meets the complete academic requirements of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) for accounting, business and liberal content.
- Our unique Master of Digital Business degree combines management and computer science.
- We specialise in interdisciplinary research with colleagues from other schools within The University of Waikato and at other New Zealand and overseas universities.
Staff are encouraged to generate their own ideas, think creatively with respect to technology and collaborate within a team to ensure electronic support and delivery of papers.
- Internationally acknowledged web support system - MyWebTM, which is a personalised portal linking programmes of study, research and people
- All papers are web-supported. Students can access paper outlines and content, assignment information and marks, email their class mates, and use online communication tools
- Some programmes are delivered fully online, and some are delivered electronically in collaboration with corporate partners
Learn more about the wide range of qualifications and subjects we offer.
Waikato Managment School's Centre for Executive Education offers an extensive range of qualifications for executive learners, from the Waikato MBA, through to tailored in-house management development courses for corporate partners, and concise programmes focused on a particular topic.
Faculty members are highly regarded teachers, distinguished scholars and sought-after business consultants. WMS Executive Education has a strong focus on collaborative learning, and executive participants contribute their own workplace experiences and current challenges to discussions, group work and assessments.
Our expertise is sought-after by industry, with a third of Waikato Managment School's Executive Education programmes designed for corporate partners.
We have provided tailored in-house executive development programmes for some of New Zealand's largest organisations, including Spark (formerly Telecom New Zealand) and its subsidiary AAPT in Australia, Westpac Banking Corporation, Bank of New Zealand, Fonterra and AgResearch.